Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Classroom Management Tip # 28

     I came across this classroom management tip while listening to my daily podcast. Every morning I upload a podcast to listen to on my way to school, they are often frivolous, but lately, I have been listening to the Cult of Pedagogy by Jennifer Gonzalez. 

    Her classroom tip is titled "Distract the Distractor." It basically says that instead of calling attention to the off-task behavior you re-engage the student with a content-based question. She does a fantastic job explaining this tip in around 5 minutes. You can see the link to her podcast above or for more information check out the reference listed at the bottom of this post. 


References

 (2019). Cult of Pedagogy. Retrieved September 29, 2021, from https://www.cultofpedagogy.com/distract-the-distractor/.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All about Self-Regulation Tip # 73

This is my final post for teaching tips from Student Engagement 311. My first semester is coming to an end, and next week I will begin my te...